Saturday, January 23, 2010

Knife of Never Letting Go, a review by Linda


Knife of Never Letting Go, by Patrick Ness. Todd lives in a colony called New World, where you can hear everyone's thoughts- human and animal. Todd is sent away by his guardians when they fear he'll be killed. There is a mystery about what happens to young men when they come of age. Tom meets Viola, who is the only survivor of a space ship from their old planet. Together, they seek answers to what is happening in their world. There is some comedy- what Tom's dog says is very funny- and some violence. This is the first in a series, Chaos Walking.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I have another on hold at the library called Incarceron which sounds very similar to all these. It's not out yet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea, being able to hear others thoughts! I would be in trouble if I lived in that society!! But, I've always wondered what animals were thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just read the sequel, The Ask and the Answer. I liked it, but it's got lots of violence. I think it would be more appropriate for the upper limit of young adults.

    ReplyDelete